One pan, 7 ingredients and 20 minutes of prep time is all it takes for this Chicken Caesar Veggie Bake to come together!
This recipe is sponsored by our friends at Tessemae’s!
An easy weeknight dinner that has everything you need for a well-balanced meal.
Protein, satisfying fats, veggies and fiber. This recipe has it all and might I add, it’s pretty dang delicious! The chicken is marinated for 4 hours or preferably overnight for even more flavor in a Creamy Caesar dressing and then roasted to perfection all on one pan with baby potatoes, carrots, green beans, onion and garlic. It’s an incredibly simple meal for the entire family to enjoy. While this recipe has everything it needs to complete a meal, I love making a batch of our Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Biscuits (not Whole30) to go with it! Yum!
If you prefer chicken thighs (or even chicken breasts) over legs, that’s definitely an option, too. I tend to go with what’s on sale or what I have on hand. Whichever you choose, just be sure the chicken is cooked to temperature, which is 165 degrees F.
This recipe is made easy with Tessemae’s Organic Creamy Caesar Dressing.
Tessemae’s is a wonderful option when it comes to bottled dressings and condiments. As you’ve probably learned in your shopping experiences, it can be challenging to find a dressing that comes with a clean ingredient list AND tastes good. While you could certainly make your own Caesar dressing, that takes time and Caesar dressing is not the easiest dressing to make, it’s also great to have a convenient pre-made option, like Tessemae’s Organic Creamy Caesar Dressing. One that you feel good about eating and feeding to your family. Tessemae’s Caesar is made with organic ingredients only, it’s creamy, Whole30-friendly and has amazing flavor. You can purchase Tessemae’s products online or in stores (store locater here).
Satisfyingly hearty and totally delicious!
This is a great recipe for many reasons. Not only is it a one-pan, easy-to-make and clean-up kind of a recipe, but it’s also satisfyingly hearty and totally delicious! With fall just around the corner, we tend to start craving foods that are hearty and warm, and this recipe will definitely satisfy that craving. AND with kids heading back to school, easy, family-friendly dinners are a must!
One-Pan Chicken Caesar Veggie Bake is also Whole30-friendly! So if you’re planning on tackling the September Whole30, which starts Sept. 2, 2019, this recipe will make a great addition for that! You can find all of our tasty and simple Whole30 recipes here.
One-Pan Chicken Caesar Veggie Bake is meal prep-friendly, too!
This is a recipe I like to partially prep-ahead so that all I have to do when it’s time to cook dinner is throw the ingredients on a pan and pop it into the oven. Below I share the steps I take to prep this recipe which takes all of 15-20 minutes to complete.
- The night before, combine the chicken legs and Caesar dressing in a glass container and place in fridge to marinate.
- Prep and chop the veggies and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. This can be done up to 2 days in advance.
And that’s it. Taking the time to complete these steps will make dinnertime a total breeze.
Get dinner on the table fast with this One-Pan Chicken Caesar Veggie Bake!
If this recipe is a winner for you and your family, you’ll also enjoy want to try our One-Pan Roasted Chicken Veggie Bake, One-Pan Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake, and One-Pan Honey Mustard Pork Chops & Veggies.
Hungry for More? Subscribe to get our newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1¾ – 2 lbs. chicken legs, skin on (may sub chicken thighs or breasts)
- ¾ cup Tessemae’s Caesar Dressing + additional for drizzling
- 16 oz. small potatoes, halved or quartered if larger
- 12 oz. carrots, cut into 2–3 inch sticks
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tbsp.)
- ½ Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the Caesar dressing and chicken legs in a glass container. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment (optional).
- Add veggies to the pan, drizzle lightly with oil, toss to coat veggies. Make spaces for chicken legs. Remove chicken legs from marinade and add to pan. Discard excess marinade. Dash all with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and toss veggies and flip chicken legs. Place pan back in oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Drizzle chicken and veggies with a little Caesar dressing if you wish. Garnish with chopped parsley and cracked black pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 34 g
Pin now to make later!
Photo Credit: The photos in this blog post were taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
This post was made possible by our friends at Tessemae’s. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!